Crazy Marketing Ideas #2
Posted on 17 August, 2012
Last month I shared my personal dream for English coffee houses. Here is the posting. I just came across a Prezi used for Karaoke that looked like a lot of fun and a great example of my dream.
[caption id="attachment_4997" align="alignright" width="188"] English butterfly effect[/caption]
And now for the latest Crazy Marketing discussion. Last month I shared a fun brainstorming session HERE. This month I had a fun discussion with Beth our Brazilian partner for Edupunk English. This joins the discussion after Beth shared her experiences with friends at a local exercise business. One of her friends is a natural leader that we call an "influencer".
- George : maybe only focus on the "influencer" possibly talk about a special offer for her alone
- Beth : yes, we're very close, and it will be much easier withe her
- George : we can even do an early morning exercise class in English, they would be jogging or riding a stationary bike, tell them to buy ipads from you so we can all be sweating and laughing together. I probably know 100 marching/running songs from the Army
- Beth : WOW, that's great! tomorrow I'll be with her again, and also for the gyms business it would be a unique kind of class
- George : Some of them (the cadence songs)will have to be cleaned up for a mixed audience. We tended to be rather impolite as young men.
- Beth : Oh, marching songs are great!
- George : find an exercise (aeorbics) coach that we can work with to develop routines
- Beth YES. she'll introduce me there. Those women are rich, and need something else in their lives
- George : but still tell them that only the most beautiful and smart women will be allowed to join
- Beth : That's the most important point.: We'll have lots of them begging to join!
- George : You will have to be tough, and tell them that you are their first hurdle. And, if they will not even sign up for one month at your school, you are sure that George will not even consider them. Only committed - smart- beautiful
- Beth : Oh, they'll go crazy with this!
- George : Tell that for a little extra cash, they can be moved to the head of the line,: for a little more cash, they will get special consideration
- Beth : women love this, crave for this
- George : Tell them that we give stars on their forhead for the whole world to see, if they do well. And the very best get to wear the special ribbon "teachers pet" for a week.
- Beth : hahahahah, that's GREAT!
- George : So write it up as a secondary advertisement. Or rules for joining.
- Beth : I think I'll have dreams about it tonight! For sure! And will make it such fun!
- George : And in Eseel Workshop, we produce am audio. They can audition for lead role!
- Beth : WOW
- George : Don't tell them that all the roles are lead.
- Beth : Every woman secretly wants to become an actress.
- George : No, princesses! The parts for women are shield maiden apprentice but they are actually princesses. And they must fight dragons (ESL-Eseel) before the final scene to save the knight and their people.
- Beth : OMG, that's gonna hit the jackpot!
- George : That's the vision for the ESEEL workshop. We are all heroes and heroines, but we only believe it in story.
- Beth : Great George!
- George : It is simply in being able to see what others do not see in themselves. And it is not that hard because we were all actually created the same and in the same image. That of a lover-king who was willing to die for those He loves. We are his bride.
- Beth : Yes, we are! This will do amazing things for people's lives!
- George : English can only be a vehicle. With out a purpose, it (learning) will die. The greatest purpose in the universe is to communicate, achieve intamcy... it is what we were created for. Oops, I'm off preaching again.
- Beth : YES! AMEN!
- George : How about another business model.... English Revival. Tent meetings and loud rowdy songs and prayers.
- Beth : But this way of yours really can do amazing things in peoples' lives! I know we are talking and joking, half seriously, but I particularly enjoy your way of encouraging people.
- George : Advertise that God hears English better than Portuguese. The Portuguese pissed him off during the Inquisition. Tell them we teach spiritual English. English as a new way to heal their souls. ;-)
- Beth : Oh yeah! That will be amazing! And a fun way to engage them with our advertising. We must be careful to ensure they realize that it is in fun... sort of.
- George : And for a little extra cash we can teach the best prayers and chants in English.
- Beth : OH, they'll go with this, for sure!
- George : But only the most beautiful and smartest spitual people need apply. ;-)
- God has standards too, ya know ;)
- Beth : Yes. (chuckle)
- George : So now you have enough to make up a couple of funny flyers. But with enough truth to touch on their sweet tooth.
- Beth : Oh Yeah!
- George : . Tell them that you only let insiders see these strategic plans. If they are the smartest and most worthy of candidates. Label the header "Top Secret". On the second line put, "confidential correspondence to head of Brazil Division of Edupunk English". On the bottom state clearly to destroy after reading. And then burn it in front of them after they read it!
- Beth : hahahahaha
- George : Drama!!!! We are on our way to Hollywood English!
- Object lessons are important.: Sit down when you share our offer, making a cutout butterfly as you talk: When you are done, tell them that each of us are the butterfly trying to come forth. If they then see you crumple it up and throw it away, tell them that our job is to help them (via English classes) to free the butterfly within their current caterpillar. Tell them that it was a simple object lesson of what we wish them to do with English. Only they can cut the paer into the creature they were meant to be with English.
- Beth : Oh, that's profound!
- George : But you will have top practice cutting up paper to make a cool butterfly. It won't work if you make a shitty butterfly LOL
- Beth : LOL
- George : Object lessons distract from the negative parts of our brain, like story. We have to sneak past their natural resistance to see/hear the real message. They can be what they were meant to be. Where dreams really do come true.
- Beth : Yes, that's the point! And I know lots of people that need it!
- George: OK, enough of this dreaming. Good luck with sharing your English school tomorrow.