e-Teaching
Online Teaching : The e-Teaching Community
Created on: 02 July, 2009 Members: 35673 | Community Link: http://e-teaching.wiziq.com

Tandem Teaching!

by Vijay Kumar
Posted on 13 September, 2009

Simply put, Tandem Teaching is a concept where 2 or more subject matter experts (SME) teach a topic to an audience in a live virtual classroom (LVC).

For example, I conduct LVCs covering over 37 topics on Retailing as 90-minutes lecture sessions at WiZiQ. Let us say I am delivering a lecture to a group of participants on RFID. I can commence a 45-minutes lecture on the basics of RFID and invite an expert situated abroad for the rest of the 45-minutes to continue the session on say implementing RFID projects by sharing microphone control.

Result? Knowledge multiplied!

Warm Regards

by Vikrama Dhiman posted on 14 September, 2009
Hi Vijay:

We will attempting something similar in the Twitter and Teachers Workshop. We also did this on the recent ETCon too.

Thanks

Vikrama Dhiman
by Orient Language Lab posted on 15 September, 2009
It is really a good method to teach.
by Kirsten Winkler posted on 14 September, 2009
Hey Vijay,

I agree, this is definitely a way to go. As Vikrama said, I am doing this with the ETCon, but this is more a classic conference approach.

Building a class on different teachers would be really great.
by Fabiana Giron posted on 16 September, 2009
I tried it in a public lesson. I invited a student who is an expert in the field of 18th century art, when I held a lesson on interpreting a song that depicted Van Gogh´s life. His level of English is intermediate, but it generated a lot of discussion in the chat box between the students.
It was a very nice experience!
by Vijay Kumar posted on 14 September, 2009
Thanks & I'll look forward to the event
by e-Teaching Courses and Workshops posted on 17 September, 2009
Twitter on Teacher experiment was great.

Different experiences and teaching styles - more learning !!!
by Sebastian Panakal posted on 24 January, 2010
Thank you for triggering a thought. We run a school (eSchool Kerala) to train teachers in Kerala to use www.wiziq.com to teach online. I happen to be the Master Trainer. We offer blended learning to teachers and trainers.

Now that you have triggered the thought, we plan to have 2 or more subject matter experts (SME) teach a topic to an audience in a live virtual classroom (LVC).

Thanks again Mr. Vijaya Kumar
Would you like to Reply:

See Virtual Classroom in action

Get a hands-on look at how WizIQ Virtual Classroom works.

Try Virtual Classroom Now

Request a free demo